A lot of time we don’t think about the heating or air conditioning in our vehicles until we need them. If you are out driving in extreme heat and your air conditioner stops working, you learn very quickly how important the coolant system is to your comfort and sometimes your life; especially when your heat goes out in cold weather.
We recommend getting the heating and air-conditioner serviced regularly just like you do at your home and office. It doesn’t take long to go through the system and check to make sure all systems are on go. If we find an issue we can address it then so you are less likely to get caught without heat or air-conditioning.
Heating and Air Conditioning
- Your vehicle’s thermostat should be changed approximately once a year.
- If no air blows through vents, in most cases, this is a sign of a defective blower motor or blower motor switch.
- A low coolant level can prevent the heater from blowing hot air.
- A low coolant can cause an engine’s temperature to rise and overheat.
- Sometimes a gurgling sound may be heard when an engine is overheating.
- Steam coming from the engine compartment could be a sign of a cooling system leak.
- If the air conditioning system does not blow cold, it could be low on Freon or have a leak.