Some car manuals have directions as to when you should take your car in for a tune-up. More and more people are paying closer attention to those directions than ever before because we are driving and keeping our cars longer and longer these days.
If you have your manual, please check it and see when you should be getting a tune-up for your car. Most are based on mileage. Think of it as a check-up just like humans should get every year. If you don’t have a manual then you might need to look at getting your car tuned-up every 12,000 to 20,000 miles. This is dependent on the age of the vehicle, how well it is maintained and the overall condition.
If you have no idea when the last time your car was tuned-up then you can check the following items and see if it might be time to bring your car in and let us do a check-up. We will go through our 18 point inspection and check the “vitals”. If we find anything at that time that needs to be addressed immediately or in the future, we will go over that and give you clear instructions as to what to look out for or do.
Possible signs of needing a Tune-up
- Are you experiencing rough idling?
- When accelerating are you experiencing any type of vehicle hesitation?
- Is your car or truck hard to start?
- Does your engine stop while driving? (This can be dangerous)
- Are you experiencing bad fuel economy?
- Do you feel like your vehicle has lost power or feel a loss of power when driving?
- Is the check engine light on?
- Does your car or truck have high mileage with lack of car maintenance?